Lives Transformed: through Duty
Answering your questions from our NBBC 03/05 Service:
- We are told that God establishes rulers (Romans 13:1) and we observe that some evil regimes cause untold misery for millions. How do we reconcile that with God being good?
- How does God deal with the intentional sabotage of the election of Prime Ministers/Presidents?
- Unions play the role of advocate for workers, often by fighting with the elected government. Should a Christian ever join a Trade Union? What about especially militant Trade Unions?
- To what extent do human authorities have the power to punish evil (Romans 13:4), as opposed to leaving room for God’s wrath (Romans 12:19)?
- Beyond refusing to submit to leaders who demand that we reject God, should we ever ‘more than refuse to submit’, actively fighting our government? (as some Germans did against the rule of Hitler)?
- Hebrews 12:7 says endure hardship as discipline – are we to interpret every difficulty we encounter as God disciplining us?